On December 3rd David turned 6 months! It is so fun to see him grow and learn new things. He decided he wanted to beat the crowd and he now has his 2 bottom front teeth in all the way! It's a whole different meaning when he chews on my finger. It can really hurt! David, I love you my sweet baby boy and are so grateful you are a part of our family! We're going to have to wait on the weight/height stats, but I will tell you this he is currently wearing 12 month tops and 6-12 month pants. He is a long boy. David being 6 months old, also means that we only have 6 months until Mark comes home for R&R! Woot woot!
I decided to plan a brunch for today with a few people in the ward. It was so much fun! I am so grateful to be in this ward; I hope and pray that Mark will be able to find a good job here when he gets back from Iraq. Anyways, here are a few pictures of some of the lovely people who were able to come. I think I may do this again. It was fun!
Katie and I also had the "opportunity" to attempt to change a tire. This is where a man (Mark, honey, that would be you!) would have been handy to have around :-) Katie and I first tried to pump the tire up enough that we could get it to Sams Club:


Needless to say, it didn't work. So then we busted out the owners manual and started. We could not get the nuts off the hub cap. So then began the phone calls of trying to reach anyone that could help. Thankfully, Scott Gardner was on his way back from deer hunting and saved the day! (Thanks again Scott!) Through this endeavor we both learned a little about each other and what we keep in the trunk. Katie keeps a camp chair. I have 4 MREs (again, compliments of Mark). We also have some interesting "clothing." We had a little photo op:

After all that was done, David and I went over to Jennifer Tylers house where good food and good friends enjoyed a yummy potluck and ginger bread house making. All in all it was a great day!
Love & Miss you!!
2 comments:
Little David is 6 months already?! Where has the time gone? I'm so glad you are loving your ward and where you live. That's always such a blessing! BUT...WE MISS YOU HERE!!
Oh...I would have NO idea how to change a tire either!
Muah. Love this. Let's be honest, I stole the pics and one of your thoughts for my blog. Big thanks.
Post a Comment