Saturday, December 25, 2010

Here Comes Santa...!

After being hit with the stomach bug, I changed my flight to Maryland originally for Christmas Eve, but then I changed it to fly out Wednesday instead. It's probably a good thing I did because Illinois is having a White Christmas!
I was going to say I hope none of my family gets hit with the stomach flu... but it didn't happen. Katie has been hit, as well as Madeline, and possibly my mom. Sorry! Anyways, so we are in Maryland for the next few weeks. On Christmas Eve Mark was able to skype. It was a fabulous way to to start off the Christmas festivities. Shortly after that though I received a beautiful arrangement of flowers with a sweet note. Thanks so much Mark! They're beautiful!



Wait, pause. Before we left Illinois we had a little Christmas with Dana, Katie, Amy, Randy & Kennedy. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures :-)







I wanted to take David to see Santa. Mark and I were both slightly nervous that David would just cry. But I did it anyways. What is making memories all about anyways? Haha. So my mom, David and I headed off to the mall and waited in line. It wasn't too long of line either which was nice. David was a champ! Not one single tear! I'm hoping next year (and the years to follow) will go just as well. Maybe?







Christmas morning is here. My siblings were in no hurry to get up, but I told them if we didn't do it at 7:30, we would be waiting until about 11 to open presents. They were okay with that. Haha. However, everyone got up and opened presents nice and early.





David got lots of new toys and books. He especially liked the wrapping paper :-)

My grandma is coming over for breakfast, and then later today we'll all go over to her house and meet up with the King Cousins for dinner. Merry Christmas to all! Take a minute and remember the true reason we are celebrating, hold your loved ones close.
Love you!!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That picture of David in front of your Christmas tree is adorable! Merry Christmas from the sickie!

Amy W. said...

Don't think I didn't notice that there are no pictures of me from our early Christmas! Why do you hate me? Ha ha, just kidding!