Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Lost Wallet

It's been a while since I've had anything crazy happen in my life. Hence the reason, last night happened the way it did. After YWs, I went to SAMs club because we are expecting a nasty ice storm the next two days. Anyways, I get gas and figure since I'm at SAMs club anyways, I minus well run and get a few things (cheese, formula, and a really cute Christmas decoration). I put it all in a box, including my wallet (No, I did not have a purse or a diaper bag). I walk out to my car, open the trunk and try to put the box into the trunk. But with the stroller it did not fit. So I took what I thought was everything out of the box and put in the trunk, toss the box in a cart and leave. I get home, unload everything and realize I don't have my wallet. While driving back to SAMs club, I call and call and finally get through and tell him what happened. He said to meet him at the exit door. I pull up, we talk, we check boxes, he walks on top of carts (I was scared he would fall!), look up and down the parking lot. Nothing. So I leave my contact info and a description of the wallet and leave. When I get back home (now the second time) I call my bank and cancel my credit and debit cards. Katie and I then go back to SAMs (I have a love/hate relationship with SAMs at this point) and we again look up and down the parking lot, search the carts and then decide we have done everything we can and go back home (for the third time). I was exhausted, stressed, nervous, I had no idea to get on the airplane Tuesday morning. I jump on facebook and someone had messaged me: "Hi I found youre wallet off higway 50 in O'Fallon. I could not figure out any other way to get ahold of you so you can give me a call. My number is (618) 973-3549. My name is Brice. If I do not hear from you by tomorrow night I will just take it up to the O'Fallon police station and drop it off there." I run to Katies room and tell her the church is true! Haha. (I've always known it was, but I was just so relieved and couldn't think of anything else!!) Facebook was my hero that night :-) I called this person and he told me his little brother had found it by Gators...no where near where I had been! Katie and I go over to his house, I try to give him $20 and some truffles, but he said no. I'm pretty sure he was 15 too. Anyways, I thanked him again and we left and went home (for the fourth time). The only thing missing was the $30 cash I had. Yes, I'm bummed that that was taken, but I'm grateful that nothing else (pictures, credit cards, Temple recommend, etc. Thank you to that kind person who found the wallet and contacted me, and to the rude person who took, I do not like you.


No comments: