Friday, October 29, 2010

I love my baby boy...

but sometimes miss when he was really tiny, but I'm also glad he has some meat on his legs now. Amy said it perfectly, he kind of had alien legs. But they were cute! I can blog about this now that everything came back well. When I took David in for his four month appointment I told the Doctor I had felt a little bulge on Davids back. I then told him about my blood work that came back a little weird. Anyways, when David was born everything looked fine, and up until this bulge, I didn't think too much about it. Our Pediatrician sent us to Childrens Hospital in St. Louis for an ultrasound of his back. David was pretty good, cried for a little bit at the beginning, but considering I had woken him up early, having to be naked, it being nap time and then having to have the ultrasound wand on his back, he did great. He actually fell asleep for the last little bit. Here's a picture:



He's so sweet. I love the thumb sucking. Anyways, I received a call from the nurse this morning saying everything came back normal, but we will need to do a follow up in 6 months with our Pediatrician.

David is starting to sit up better on his own. I had to run to the store and thought I would I put him in the cart to see how he did. He loved being able to see everything.



David is a great sleeper...usually. He sleeps through (and has for 2 monthsish) the night which is oh so nice. But the last 3 days he has started to only take 2 (3 if I'm lucky) 45 minute naps. Although, it is hard that he's not napping, he wakes up happy/smiley and talking to himself. And, in case anybody wanted to know, we are going to Mississippi NEXT WEEK!

1 comment:

PKYoung said...

Isn't it lovely when they wake up talking? Paul and I still melt hearing her do that and she's been doing it everyday for 3 months!!