
We live in a great country, unfortunately freedom isn't free. I'll start by saying that I think it is beyond wrong to protest outside of a fallen soldiers funeral. They died to protect our freedoms, but really, it is not necessary to be there.
Zachary Cuddeback was killed in a terror attack on March 2 in Frankfurt, Germany. He grew up in my little town of O'Fallon, and thus was to be buried here. Flags were placed along the route his remains would travel to his final destination. I cannot even begin to tell you the emotions I had running through my body that night as we stood in support of this young airman, the families of soldiers across the world, and their families.

You can click here to read a little more about this. It was an incredible feeling to take part in this; the silence that filled the streets as the procession begun, the humbling reminder that we are fortunate enough to live in a great nation, worship how we please, the freedom to act and speak, but again, remember, freedom did not and is not coming easy.
Treasure your loved ones, enjoy each minute as if it were your last, and thank a soldier.
1 comment:
I appreciate you posting this. and i totally agree. love ya Rach! and about the David and Mark...this still happens to me..."He looks like you" ..
oh never mind haha"
Post a Comment