Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Deal!

I may or may not have a shoe problem. I will be the first to admit it. But I also cannot pass up a good deal, and this my friends is a good deal! The other night Madeline and I were passing through Macys. We slowed down while going through the shoe section (first mistake). We look at the shoes on clearance (second mistake). I saw the most beautiful purple shoes, so I asked the employee if he had these in my size (third mistake...I really shouldn't have even stopped. Macys has a tendency to have beautiful purple things: purple heals that I had to have. Mark and I metroed even to get them! A gorgeous purple purse. Oh Macys!) Anyways, he did, there was just one in the box, he was going to go look for the other pair while I finished my shopping. Madeline tried to tell me I didn't need them. But I was under their spell...again. Well, we came back and he hadn't found it yet. So he grabbed the other employee and they both looked. No success. He told me to leave my information and when they found it, he would call. As we're leaving, I decide to take a good look through the shoes again (fourth mistake). And what did I find?! But my long lost shoe! I brought it back up to the counter and asked if I could get a discount, partially joking. He said yes. He gave me a 20% off coupon, plus an additional 10% off for my trouble. The price you ask? Originally they were $69.90...my final price was $21.09!!!

Here is (not the best) picture of these purple suede flats I just had to have :-)