Originally this post was going to go very different than how it is going to go. Madeline, David and I jump in the car to go. We drive to Bethesda and start to look for it. This is what I was looking for:

It is not what I found. Instead it was a teeny tiny store squeezed in with the rest of Bethesdas many shopping choices. Sorry, no picture. Anyways, so we go in and look at the menu on the board.
If you look at the picture closely, you will see the price of ONE SINGLE cupcake is $2.75! Pretty pricey if you ask me. But none the less, we splurged. We get up to the counter and order a coconut cupcake for me and a peanut butter cupcake for Madeline.
I reach in my diaper bag only to find my wallet is not there! Yikes. I start to tell the lady to cancel the order, when Madeline realizes what is going on and pays for it. We sit down to enjoy our cupcakes and hot chocolate. Davids eyes got big when he saw what we were eating.
Unfortunately, he didn't get to eat as much of it as he would have liked. He got a bottle instead. One last story, before we left the house I asked Madeline to put the top and bottom on the bottle in my diaper bag. She did. When I was pouring the water into the bottle, it all came out on me. Needless to say I had a big wet circle on my jeans. Good times.
All in all, Georgetown Cupcakes was good, not sure if it is really worth the price. But for some reason I want to go to the location in DC. We'll see if I can swing that somehow. Oh, and Katie, the owners weren't there, so I dont know if they are just as cheesy in person as they are on TV.
2 comments:
Many thanks for your astute analysis! I now want a cupcake.
What is it with you and that wallet? ha ha
Post a Comment