Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fathers Day

I promise Im going to get really good at updating. Especially when Mark is deployed so I can help keep him up to date on how David is growing and such. But for now, you're going to have to be okay with the way Im doing things now :-)
Fathers Day actually started back in May on Mothers Day! Mark really wanted a pair of Oakley Combat boots, but they are about $200 so I told him maybe after his training later in the month we could look into getting a pair...little did he know that I had already ordered them and had convinced the customer service lady to expedite the shipping for the regular priced shipping! When I brought them, he opened them and this is his reaction-



Im pretty sure he was thrilled about them. Thanks to those who helped me with this endeavor.

I dont have a picture of his next gift, but he was excited and surprised. He wanted a tint strip put on the windshield of the car. I had it all planned out: I made the appointment for when he was going to be in Boise and it would be done when I picked him up. Well, my body decided to go into early labor and his Sgt. sent Mark home early (thank you!). Well, I was still working part time so I had it done then while he was at the armory and when I came home later that afternoon, I told him to come outside and help me...his smile was similar to the one of him getting the boots!! Finally, I got him good!!!

On actual Fathers Day, I had great plans of making Mark breakfast in bed...but the fact that we actually got to church on time I think was pretty impressive. I did manage to make his favorite meal for dinner (ranch chicken, rolls, rice, broccoli...and for dessert a yummy homemade chocolate cake!)



Our first family picture! Im pretty sure I was dressed first :-)



And this is just a cute picture of my boys sleeping! Love it!

3 comments:

The Dennett's said...

I am seriously sad about yall moving...you will be missed! I look forward to seeing LOTS of baby David pictures on here! love ya!

Me and My Boys said...

So Cute! I forgot how tall your husband is. You're little guy is sooo cute! Happy Father's day!

The Wilson Family said...

Rach! It was so fun to catch up on your sweet family. I miss little David even though I've never met him! I am a fan of your blog and will always read and view :) Best of luck with the move and getting more sleep. We sure miss you and wish you the best. keep in touch! The blog looks great too!