Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dates

Funny to think that my "official" due date was Monday the 21st, just a few days ago, but instead my sweet baby is almost a month old! Where has the time gone? Two days ago he weighed in at 8.9! His newborn sleepers are a little small for him-he cant stretch his legs out completely when he is in them. I have unfortunately stopped breast feeding. It was far too stressful and physically exhausting trying to get him to suck long enough as well as well enough. I was having to supplement anyways. Granted this is only day 2, but I think it is going well, lets hope it keeps up.
Its been nice to have my mom here. Shes been helpful and Im learning with David its a lot of trial and error. We decided that to fully experience Rexburg in all its glory, she needed to eat at Big Juds! We took her and I think she was a little skeptical at first, but I think overall she enjoyed it. Mark also decided that he needed to get "the Big Jud!" For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a 1lb burger with all the fixings, a drink, and a large order of fries! And, he did finish every bit of it!


Here is Mark with his burger. My mom and I got regular sized burgers. Unfortunately, mine decided to come back up about 2:30 that morning. Lets just say, it tastes a lot better going down then it does coming back up.

Also with my mom being here, Mark and I have been able to get out periodically and have date nights! The other night we went to The Craze and played black light mini golf...I'll go ahead and set the record straight that I beat him...not by much though. We also played air hockey two times...he beat me both times! Mark also caught up on his shooting skills.

4 comments:

Nate and Joelle said...

I am impressed he ate the whole thing. And that sucks you had a burger attack in the middle of the night. And I'm glad you have figured out the whole feeding thing, I know it caused you lots of stress.

Lorry said...

Oh my. . . that means we could have our little baby in just a few weeks! I love the cute pictures of baby David! He really is adorable!
I think Mark's burger is close to being as big as David! It is huge!
Here's our email...drudd75077@gmail.com

niktrick said...

That is amazing that your mom could be there so long! We haven't had a date night yet, but that's alright. Ryker and I have given up on breastfeeding as well. However, I am not emotionally over it yet. I wish I could so bad!! ALMOST A MONTH!! WOW!

PKYoung said...

Aren't date nights such a treasure now?! I love my little baby but sometimes I still miss the 'single' life. Sorry breastfeeding was so hard, I think the only reason I made it through was b/c I was fully expecting it to be really hard and stressful so when I was having trouble it didn't get me down. I can't tell you how many times though I went to the hospital/lactation specialist b/c she wasn't eating or I just couldn't get her to latch. My mom would constantly try to help and my sister-in-law also came over a few times to help me out...If I didn't have all that help and support though I don't know if I'd still be nursing. Glad everyone is doing well and healthy!! Congrats again on the little one!