Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter 2011

Christmas wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be (still not completely 100% fun, but doable), but there was just something about Easter that hit me that Mark really isn't here. Or maybe it is the fact that this time NEXT month, our little family will be together in the same country AND state!
Easter for David was a lot of fun nonetheless. When I put him on the floor to get his Easter basket, I thought it would take him a minute to get the idea that he had to crawl to it. No, he saw and he was off. So the video is a little delayed.


David loves dogs, whether it be a real dog, a stuffed animal or in a book. Naturally, he got one in his basket.


After "finding" his Easter basket, we had a yummy breakfast of homemade chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes, with homemade syrup and some sausage. Yum! David loved it, but he was also content to sit and read, as well as play with his goodies.


Then it was off to Church. The days of David sitting still or just being content to be in one place or falling asleep easily are gone. Long gone. Sometimes after the Sacrament is passed, I just set him on the floor and let him roll (within reason.)

After church and naps we had friends and family over for a delicious dinner. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the whole group, so you will have to deal with another picture of David and I.


I should probably mention that Madeline came out here for her Spring Break. We had lots of fun, but I wont be sharing all of the details of her trip. Some of them are a bit morbid :-)


No comments: