We are all of aware that when my life starts to go smoothly, something is bound to happen. So why would now being any different, right? Madeline came out here for a week during her spring break. It was a lot of fun to have her here! Dana had tickets to a Cardinals game the Friday night she was here, so we went.
I should probably mention that we had had tornados and tornado warnings since she got into town. Awesome. Here we are at the beginning of the game walking up to our seats.
Little did we know that it was about to be a crazy night. We were just about to our seats when we stop to get dinner. You really cant go to a ball game and not get a hot dog (or nachos). So, we get our food and sit down. Thats when it started hailing. I looked at Madeline and told her she should probably eat...fast. We scarf our food down, and go with the rest of the stadium under the levers until the rain stops. Shortly after that, the tornado sirens go off and we are told to go into the bathrooms and take cover.
We ended up spending about 2 1/2 hours in a very crowded bathroom filled with hot, stinky, some drunk men, women, and children. Towards the end I had to get out of the bathroom and get some fresh air because I was beginning to feel nauseous.
After all that fun, we go back to our seats and wait patiently while they clear the field. Woohoo, the game is finally going to be played!
It was a long, eventful night. One in which, I can just put behind me...and hopefully wont have to repeat :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment