Monday, July 26, 2010
My life could be a soap opera!
No, seriously, it could! It seems that whenever Mark is gone my body likes to see how much pain it can cause me while sending me to the hospital. The story: On Friday I started having some abdominal pain, but didn't really think anything of it because I thought maybe my period was just coming back. Well that night I could barely move and the pain had increased and now I felt it more on my right side. Saturday came and David was having a rough time with his little stools passing through. At one point we were both on the couch crying and thats when I called his Doctor and he told me to get a suppository for him (see previous post). As my pain got progressively worse I thought maybe a walk would help-boy was I wrong! It made it worse! I stopped by my friends house (Thank you Meagan and Joelle!!) and they convinced me to go have it checked out. So off we went to Community Care-they ran blood work (I had elevated white blood cells), did a urine analysis (that came back okay), took my temperature (which was 101.6) and then the Doctor touched my stomach and side and said it looks like you have appendicitis. He called the surgeon to see what the next step was. He said to meet him at the hospital. After checking in and such I was back in a room being poked some more. THe doctor said I had two options: 1) to do a cat scan to make sure it really was appendicitis, but he warned that might not show up and we could be wasting time. (It would take 3 hours to see the results and such.) or 2) I could have my appendix taken out right then. And thats what they did. I was in the hospital probably no more than an hour before they performed the surgery-and the doctor was right and glad he got in when he did because it was pretty red, very inflamed and pussy. Mark was finally able to come home (I'm sure his Sgt. thinks Im crazy because this is the 2nd time they had to send him home!) and David stayed at Joelles house-THANK YOU!! The thing that stinks the most is not being able to hold my little (or not so little) David! But am grateful for family and friends that can do so. So, now I am just soar, it takes a lot to get up and down, but nothing compared to the pain I had on Friday/Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And of course your home teacher is never there when you could use him either! holy cow. Glad you are doing better though. PS I would love to be able to read your blog when you go private. My email is Brightonislove@gmail.com
haha, good times, just think of how fun it will be to look back at these crazy days!!!!!!! I am going to miss you guys like crazy. daytrash@gmail.com
Post a Comment