After several days of packing and one long day of loading the truck and cleaning the apartment, we're here! Thank you so much to those of you that came and loaded, took furniture apart, cleaned and watched my baby! I really appreciate it, especially where I could not do much. We are still settling in and unpacking the things that are going to stay at the house. David and I flew, along with my mother-in-law and Mark drove (more on that in a minute!) I was really kind of nervous about the flight; however some lovely friends (that would be you Joelle and Meagan, and Ashleigh, you can do it!) told me at that age he would just sleep. Sure enough, minutes before we got on our first flight he fell asleep...and stayed asleep! It was great! So then came the 2nd flight, I sat down at the gate and he woke up to eat. I fed him and shortly after sitting on the plane he fell back asleep! He didn't wake up until about the last half hour of the flight, but he was so content and smiley even :-) When we stood up to get off the plane, people sitting around us were surprised to see that there was a baby! Oh happy day! He was slightly fussy on the way home, and then when it was time for bed, he decided he wasn't tired! I had to pick my battles and decided him sleeping on the flight was more important. Thankfully, my mother-in-law took him...he didn't fall asleep until 1:30.
So now onto Mark and his driving. We were able to check out of our apartment a day earlier than expected, so Mark left late morning on Thursday. He drove about 7 hours and then stopped for the night. He then woke up at 3:30AM because he wasn't tired! He drove about 17 hours and got to Illinois Friday night! He's crazy, but I was glad he got there when he did...and safely! Here is a picture of our truck with a few items already out. He was filled to the max!

I am glad we won't have to do that for a while. We have had a good since we've been here and look forward to more fun! My family is coming out for Davids blessing on Sunday. For those back in Idaho, I miss you and hope to see you in September!
4 comments:
I MISS YOU!!! I'm so glad to hear that the flight went well. You're right...we told you. ;) Glad Mark made it safely. It just wasn't the same at church last Sunday without you getting my daughter in trouble during sacrament meeting. You need to come back.
Glad you made it there safely! sorry I was gone when you left, I didn't get to say goodbye! we will definately miss you guys here! good luck with your new life!
We are glad you made it safe. We saw your little baby at church and he is such a cutie!
Yay for arriving finally! and I'm so glad little David slept soundly on the plane..in a few weeks I am flying with Talmage and I just PRAY that he does the same! keep posting! I miss you already!
Post a Comment