
This 4th of July meant a little something different to me. I have always been grateful for the men and women who sacrifice so much to fight for our country and defend our freedom. I love the celebration of our country, the great patriotism that is shown all weekend long; however, this year it brought a little bit more pride. As we prepare for Marks deployment (Marks brother is currently deployed, and my brother is deploying later this year) I cannot help but feel even more gratitude for the military members and their families.
I am so grateful for Mark and his willingness to serve our country, to fight for our rights and freedom as a nation. I am so proud of him, the time and effort he puts into this is so refreshing. Dont get me wrong, I wish he didnt have to go, but I know that he will be blessed for this, and that we as a family will not only benefit from it in many ways, we will also grow closer together.

I love Mark so much and grateful that David is here in our family and that we can spend time together!
As for our activites...Mark was in the parade here in town. I wasnt too sure if David and I were going to make it though-he was super fussy and when I decided we would just go back home, he went to sleep, so we stayed. My mom status has been solidified now...I changed a very poppy diaper on my lap in the back seat of the car! It was not an easy task, but we both came out better people :-) We were going to go to a baseball game that night, but decided not to. Instead we rented a movie and spent time together. (Times sure have changed...but I wouldnt trade it for anything!)
Sunday was nice...very patriotic! I wish we showed our pride for our country a little more often. It was hard to sit through Sacrament meeting singing the songs, hearing the testimonies of friends...but very uplifting.
2 comments:
I know what you mean, Rachel. My brother gets deployed in August and my dad is retired and is actually in the VA hospital this weekend with health problems. If it wasn't for these two men in my life, I think I would miss a lot about what freedom really means. Thank you Mark, for your service.
Holy cow! You have updated tons, where have I been. I love all the pics, especially Mark's baby pic, the do look twins!! And I am delighted you will be updating lots.
Post a Comment