Friday, June 27, 2008

5,4,3,2,1...OKLAHOMA here I come!

Oh I am so ready to go to Oklahoma and see Mark! He was able to call me today which came as an ablsolute surprise...but a happy surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed, and it was even better because I got to talk to him for 28+ minutes!! (And, he was able to call twice yesterday for about 10ish minutes each time!) (I also got an amazing letter from him, which by the way I am convinced the mailman does not like me...it took 9 days to get from Oklahoma to Idaho-call me crazy, but I really enjoy the letters we have been able to write to each other!) Mark said they are getting their class-A jackets tomorrow, cleaning, shining their shoes, getting their hair cut...again all in preparation for graduation on Thursday. Family day is Wednesday though and they (Fort Sill Army people...I'm still learning all the Army lingo) have some things planned, like a luncheon.
Last night we had Enrichment out at a former member of our Bishopric's house. I taught the girls how to make tin-foil dinners. Yum! For Mark and I's first date (it was a group date) we went shooting and enjoyed tin foil dinners around a crazy fire. It was so much fun! It was my first time shooting and as a result had kind of a blonde moment: We went with Matt and Haley, Griffin and date. The guys (and Haley) were all pretty much pros at shooting. So when Matt, Mark and I went to get the clay pigeons, I thought that that was a little weird/morbid to be shooting clay pigeons, but I went along with it because it still sounded fun. So you can imagine my surprise when they opened the box and they pulled out little orange disc-like things! Haha. Needless to say it was a great evening and I am glad that Mark and I began dating and are preparing to be sealed/married in 63 days!!!!

1 comment:

Alli said...

How fun that he got to call randomly!