Apparently that blog post just wasn't enough, so here's another go at it.
The hardest part of being a military family, is that a lot of the time, the soldier doesn't get to experience their child (or childrens) firsts. Skype has been a huge blessing in which Mark can see David every other day or so doing his thing.
The 2 weeks Mark was home, he was able to experience some of these things first hand. Probably the most exciting was Davids first birthday. I still can't believe David is 1. Where has this year gone? I'm so grateful to have David as my son and that he keeps me on my toes. To celebrate on Davids actual birthday we had a family dinner at O'Charleys (kids eat free, which is just a bonus).
David is a champion eater. There are seriously some days where I don't think there is enough food on this earth to feed him. After dinner, we came back to the house for cupcakes. I was so excited for this. But David just didn't seem to get it.
I eventually took his hand and smashed it in the cake. He wasn't too interested. Fortunately, this was practice before his birthday party. I love that smile. It is a great way to start the day.
Another thing, Mark got to participate with us in doing was church. Granted, we usually don't stay in all the meetings (but we are getting better). It was nice to be able to do this together as a family.
Then it was time for the party. I may have gone a bit overboard. I saw this a party for David, Mark was home, as well as a thank you to the many people who have helped David and I through this. Seriously, there are some people who have gone above and beyond and I am so very grateful.
And then there is the hair cut. Mark has been asking me to cut Davids hair for months. I was a little sad to see those curls go, but he does look a little more grown up. His haircut was just about a month ago, and he needs another one. He has a slightly ridiculous amount of hair.
He did not enjoy the cut. He wanted to know what was going on, to touch the scissors, not be held, etc.
But in the end, he was okay. We gave him a good bath, got all the extra hair off, and he was good and happy again.
Oh, and the blueberry incident. Mark and I went to the Temple and dinner one night. I told Dana that he would probably need a snack before bed. She gave him blueberries. She said he loved them, so a couple mornings later I thought I would give him some with breakfast. The reaction was perfect.

Haha. Oh, Dave. I was so confused, so I double checked again with Dana, and again she said he loved them, and would pick them up and pop them in his mouth. I probably should try them again, maybe not in the morning, and see how he does.
I should mention his stats. He weighed 22.8 pounds and is 31.5 inches long and is just growing constantly. He is such a happy baby (except when he has an ear infection-and even then I really can't complain.) We love you David and are so glad that you are in our family here on earth.
Alright, I think thats all for now. I still need to write about the homecoming. Soon. I promise. 2.5 months to go sounds so much better than 2.5 months in, 10.5 months to go :-)
1 comment:
Loved this post. Love seeing you all together. David is so, dang adorable. Can't believe he's 1!! It seems like just a little while ago I was headed to the hospital to meet the little boy. :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment