Interesting title to the post, huh? Well, it all has to do with yesterdays events.
The picture says it all. I ran (uh, and walked) a 5k in Trenton, IL. It was freezing cold and rainy, but nonetheless, I did it! And I'm doing another one next Saturday!
I can't even tell you how badly I want to be a "runner." Some of my motivation comes from Coach Katie. She was great. Although, we did have some conversations that went along the lines of "Rachel, you have to run to that stop sign and then you can walk." "Katie, I'm not coming to your wedding!" Haha, no these don't sound nice, nor do they go together, but it got me across the finish line in 39 minutes!
So thanks Katie! She was also my right hand woman. When my ipod was having issues at the end, I gave it to her, as well as my gloves. I also couldn't have done it without Lindsay! She and I go walking together and it's great! Her husband and cute baby Chloe were along the way cheering us.
All in all, I'm glad I did it. Here's to hoping my knee holds up and allows me to become a real runner!
Later that night we got cleaned up -and showered!- and headed off to a wedding reception for a couple in the Singles branch.
David spent a good portion of the evening with the various members of the Young family. I am so grateful for them and the others who do so much for David and I.
Congrats Christ & Kristina! Welcome to the "married club" :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment