Friday, June 27, 2014

More Painting

The house had a plain white door when we moved in. It wasn't working for me, so I painted it red. I liked it, but I didn't use exterior paint so it wasn't holding up as well as I would have liked, so it was back to the drawing board…and truthfully, I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on the new color…blue. I want blue, but I'm not sure if this is the right blue :-)

Here is the beginning of the process, taping, taking off the door handle, and the original color:


I had a couple of cute helpers. D helped stir and paint some


And M helped get prime as well



Next up, coat 1 of the new color


And the second and last coat. We also replaced all of the exterior door handles.



So, do I keep it? Or do I go for a deeper blue, like this?

I also finished painting my interior doors. I really like how they turned out. If the weather would corporate, I could finish the handles. But for now, a picture :-)

No comments: