When I took E in for follow up appointment, the Dr said her left ear did not look good. The dry blood had formed a clot and the tube was basically doing nothing. This doesn't happen very often…but I am two for two. This same thing happened with D as well.
Anyways, he had me put a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide in her two times a day for a week. When we went back, it was a little bit better, but not all the way. So, we tried again. After doing it for about a week and a half, nothing changed and it was decided the tube needed to be replaced.
We got to the hospital early in the morning and hung out for a bit. She got to stay in her mammies because they were just doing the one tube.
We then went down to the ER to sign all the forms.
I asked to speak to the Doctor before she went back. I wanted him to check her right ear, I had no concerns, but knew he could get a better look while she was under. He said sure.
She went back and shortly later, the Doctor came in to talk to me. He said her left were was bad. Then, he started to talking about her right ear. He said the ear drum was pushing the tube sideways. (Again, they don't see this often.) He ended up replacing the tube. Im glad I asked him to check it so that we hopefully don't have to go back in soon. There was only a 3 week break from her initial surgery.
They didn't do an IV, so she bounced pretty quick. The nurse brought in a small box of cereal and E went to town.
They also give a cute bear to the kids. E fed her bear when she was full
We were by home 10, it was so nice. She is already sleeping better. I hope these tubes stick and we won't have to repeat it.
She did have a rough nap time and would only sleep if I held her. I throughly enjoyed the snuggles







3 comments:
Poor girl! I know how she feels I had tubes twice when I was a kid but not that little! Hopefully this is all she has to have!
I noticed it said Dusty on my comment for some reason it is signed in his name but it was me Melanie who made the comment! :)
Hi Melanie! Thanks for the comment-how do I know you?
Post a Comment