E has been battling sore throat after sore throat for months. We eventually went to the ENT and talk about her tonsils being removed. Unfortunately, each time we went in she had been on antibiotics for a few days so they didn't look awful. The ENT told he wanted to see them look really infected one time with her history, and he would take them out.
About 2 weeks ago, I decided to skip our regular peditrician and go straight to the ENT. The nurse asked me if I wanted to check to see if there was fluid in her ears, I said no. Well, when the Doctor came in, he said he wanted to check her ears just incase. She had a raging ear infection as well as having infected tonsils. It was set the tonsils would come out, and he would take a good look at her ears and decide whether or no he would do tubes.
The day before surgery, we went in for one last visit, she still had fluid behind her ears. The antibiotic did clear up her throat though.
The day of the surgery started very early. At 430, I woke up to Mark throwing up.
I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got myself ready, and E woke up. We snuggled on the couch and shortly after, D joined us. I got D some breakfast, and E and I left for the hospital a little after 7.
We checked in, got her changed and waited just a little bit before she went back. (All the nurses told I looked familiar. I then told them we were just here in October for Ds tonsils)
Surgery went great. The fluid was still in there, so he put tubes in and took her "cheesy" tonsils and adenoids out. She was pretty sleepy and snuggly.
She did really well in recovery and we were able to come home a little after noon. I was so glad we didn't have to spend the night for a lot of reasons.
We got home and I sent M to our room to sleep. I somehow managed to get D some lunch and all of us down for a nap. That hour was not long enough :-)
My amazing neighbor and VTer brought dinner and sprite that night. I went to bed at 8 and slept so well that night. I was way way tired!
Here's to hoping she won't have any more sore throats!







No comments:
Post a Comment