Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cocoas Surgery

I found a little bump on Cocoas head. When I called the Vet, he said as long as it didn't get bigger or harder, we could probably wait until her next round of shots to take a look at it. Well, as luck would have it, it got bigger and harder. So, I take her in. 


She is quite the talker and had even more to say on the short car ride in. Once there, she was weighed and I answered some general questions about her. Much like a well baby check up ;-)


She checked out the room until the Vet came in. They shaved off just a little bit of fur to get a better look at the bump. (It is a little bit nasty, so if you don't want to see it, skip the next picture)



It was decided that it should be removed. It cost a pretty penny, but I wanted it gone and wanted her to heal. I did decide not to send it off to the pathologist, that was an extra $80 and I really didn't need to be spending a couple hundred right before Christmas. If she is get another bump, I will have it sent off. 

Anyways, so that night, she could not have anything to eat after 8PM and I was to drop her off at the vet the next morning between 730 and 8AM. It was a quiet day around the house and we sure did miss our little Cocoa B. 

All went well with the surgery, the vet wasn't sure what it was and would have liked to have sent it off, but I just couldn't. 

David and I went to pick her up, but she was still too sleepy, so we went home and 2 hours later I went back to grab her. 


She is healing nicely, taking her medicine okay and still a fun and cuddly kitten


We'll go back in about a week and have the stitches taken out. 




No comments: