About 32 weeks I started having contractions, Dr. Jones checked me at 34 weeks and I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. He didn't want to put me on bed rest because he didn't want me to get blood clots; and lets be honest, how do you do bed rest with a toddler? Anyways, we started doing weekly checks, and I was hopeful that she would come on her own, but she had plans of her own. My body pretty much just stopped progressing. The Doctor offered to strip my membranes at my 38 week appointment. But I chickened out at the last minute. Literally the last minute. So, we went ahead and scheduled my induction for 39 weeks (Nov. 1)
I woke up on the first at 5:30am and called up to the hospital. I had already prepared myself that I was not going to go in until later that afternoon. Of course, they did not have any beds available and told me to call back about 9. So thats what I did. Again, at 9 they were waiting for one other person to deliver and told me to call back at 12. In the meantime, Mark had come back from class and we went to the store. My mom was here and needed some ingredients for meals. While at the store, Janell called and said to come lunch with her and Jessica at McDonalds. So thats what we did. I ate a big ole nasty burger, which made me nervous I would throw it up during labor. Anyways, I call up to the hospital at noon and they gave me the go ahead to come up about 1. Woohoo!!!
We finished lunch and went home. I put David down for a nap, wrote some things out for my mom and we were off to have this baby! We checked in at 1 and things got moving shortly after.
Last pregnant picture at 39 weeks. Dr Jones came in and broke my water at 1:30pm. I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Having my water broken was the most weird feeling...ever! With David, it broke in the bathtub, so I missed out on that feeling. Because I was strep B positive this time around, I had to have 4 hours of medication. The nurse got it going about 2:20. At one point my arm felt like it was on fire and I could no longer feel the contractions or anything because my arm hurt so bad. I paged the nurse, she came in and told her what was going on. She then proceeded to go "Oh, I forgot..." She was putting straight penicillin in my arm, instead of mixing it with the IV fluid. She flushed my arm and after a few minutes, I was okay. Seriously, that hurt so bad. About 4, I decided I wanted to walk around. The nurse went to get the mobile monitor for me. As she was hooking up the machine to the computer, she noticed the little prongs were bent and took it out in the hallway to see if they could get it working. After a half hour, I said forget it and asked for the epidural. The anesthesiologist came a little after 5 and started working his magic.
During all this, we are still working on a name. I have wanted to name a daughter Paige since forever. But it just wasn't connecting. I kept hoping if I said it enough/told enough people that that was what her name was going to be, that it would. But it didnt. Our second name was Emma. I really liked the name, but still was hoping she would look like a Paige. We were however set on the middle name, Mae. It is my Grandmas middle name.
I was pretty nauseous towards the end. After getting the epidural, my blood pressure went crazy so I had to get some oxygen. Surprisingly though, I did not throw up once. Absolutely amazing.
Mark went about 5:45/6 to do the David thing and my mom came up. Things started moving rapidly and at different points they had to slow me down so I could all the medicine in. Dr. Jones came in, Mark came back and up and it was go time. I started pushing, Mark told me when she started to crown she had hair, I was glad. After just a few minutes of pushing, she was here! And just perfect.
Little miss Emma Mae was born at 8:23pm. She was 19.5 inches long and 7.8 pounds.
She's got some diva in her already. Haha. David came the next morning to meet her. Because I was sure her name was going to be Paige, we had to do some work and reteach him a new name. He thought sister was cool until I went to put my bed up and then he just wanted to ride mommys bed. Haha.
She is such a sweet baby, and awesome sleeper (at 3 weeks old she is just waking up twice a night!). I think David is a little bored with her because she is too small to run with him, play with his toys/trains with him. But every morning he wants to go say hi to her. He likes to hold the bottle and help feed her.
We took her in at 4 days old for her newborn check up. She weighed in at 7.11 and had grown to 21.5 inches. She loves her food! We are so glad she is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment