Thursday, October 6, 2011

Surgery #2

I know it's been a while since I've blogged, I'm losing that motivation. I love reading other peoples blogs, so I guess it's only fair that you can read mine :-)

At Davids follow-up appointment for his tubes back at the end of August, his right ear looked great. His left however had a clot of dry blood in it. Dr. Lieu had me put some drops in that ear for a week in hopes that it would loosen the clot and take care of the problem. At the following appointment, the clot was still in there. She needed to remove it. I had to hold Davids little body down, with a nurse holding his head while Dr. Lieu removed it with this little scissor like instrument. With the blood also came the tube. It needed to go back in. She was able to squeeze us in the next day (Sept. 23).

This surgery was a hundred times harder than the first. It was scheduled for 11AM. We had to be at the hospital at 9:30. David could not eat or drink and therefore was a little grumpy.


The surgery went really well. In recovery, he was just sleepy, not hysterical like the last time. He slept the way home and pretty much the rest of the day until I woke him up.


2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Little David! we sure miss you and hope you continue to heal. You've got the best mom ever and so glad daddy is home to hold you. love you!

The Carter Famdamily said...

Oh my goodness poor little guy! Oh geez sometimes you just wonder why we have to go through some of these things! I hope he is doing better!