Thursday, October 6, 2011

RunforBrad

I had the opportunity to run a 5k in Troy, IL on September 10. It was in honor of a soldier that would be 26 this year. He left behind a wife and baby girl. He was killed in action in Afghanistan. (For more information, check out his site.) It was a very humble experience; Mark had just landed back in the US. He was safe. And is alive.

I ran it with Vivian and Ben Gardner. This was Bens first 5k. He pretty much had to do it, because I was able to convince Shalon to get ice cream one night :-)


My good friend Lindsay and her sweet baby Chloe were able to come and cheer me on. Dana brought David, unfortunately, I never saw them.



Thanks Lindsay for being there and for the pictures. I was able to do the race with a time of 39:20. I need new knees though. Haha.


2 comments:

The Carter Famdamily said...

YOU GO GIRL! THATS AWESOME!

Meagan said...

So awesome. What an awesome experience. Great job! :)