I didnt think it was possible to love someone so much without actually knowing them. This pregnancy has had its ups and downs, joys and scares, but in the end I know it will have all been worth it. For those of you who havent heard, I started early labor last Sunday...during sacrament meeting at church and while Mark was still suppose to be gone for 4 more days. After having contractions and such for about an hour and a half, I called my doctor who decided he wanted me to go up to the hospital and be monitored/checked. Gratefully, I have a lot of support from good friends in the ward. While we were driving up, I thought I better call Mark and let him know what was going on, just in case. I did as I was suppose to, called the Red Cross and asked if she could get a message to my soldier. She told me no, but after the baby was born she could. I cried some more as they took me back to a room to be hooked up to machines that took my blood pressure, timed the contractions, as well as monitored his heart rate. In the meantime, two other friends and their husbands came up. I am so grateful that these girls were there!! My blood pressure was still a little high-I am borderline preeclampsia, which is no good especially during pregnancy. After several hours the nurse said I could stay or go home and rest. Just about this time, Mark called!! They were done training but were still going to be in Boise. When I told him what was going on, he mentioned it to his Sgt. This Sgt basically told him to go home and be with me and report to the armory for the next couple days.
I am still in early labor, I had a doctors appointment the other day. The dr decided to do a fetal non stress test-basically just keeps an eye on his heart rate for about 20minutes or so. It really is kind of neat to be able to lie there and hear his race!

His heart rate was steady and just where it should be. I now go to the Dr twice a week so they can keep an extra close eye on me. Induction is looking like it is going to happen, but Im hoping he'll just come early on his own and that he will be a strong, healthy baby boy. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom and know that through our Heavenly Father everything will work out according to His plan. I cant wait to meet baby David and for him to come into our home!!
2 comments:
Did the red cross seriously tell you that? OMG! I am still in shock. How sad... Hand in there lady!
It should read "hang" not HAND! UGH! Oh well. Oh and I had the non stress done and I loved it...
Post a Comment