I use to like snow. Snow in Maryland meant no school, sledding, hot chocolate, fun times equals good times/memories. Oh the good times. However, now that I am living in Idaho, I despise snow! Once it starts, it doesn't stop for months. Granted, snow is not the real problem; the roads are not PROPERLY plowed. I know we live in a farming community, however, roads are not farm land and therefore should be plowed with the proper equipment. Next, because the roads are not cleared well, it turns to ice and therefore makes it extremely slippery, which then makes difficult to drive on and therefore makes me sad/scared/frustrated. And last, but certainly not least, the oh so freezing...or should I say below freezing temperatures. This morning when Mark went to work out with the Army ROTC group it was -32!!! That is just wrong. But none the less, I am here and will be here for one more winter after this, then onto new adventures.
Ok. thats all for now. Sorry to be so down, I do like Rexburg most of the time :-) I am grateful though to be here with Mark and to have him in my life as my husband. Im also grateful for my job during our economys hard time. Alright, its bed time...5:30 comes early.
3 comments:
yeah i heard about the temperature drop in Rexburg! boy i am glad i wasn't there for that one! for some reason i have a hard tiem with the cold... i think it's because i lived in Florida for a while maybe? i don't know, but i am glad to hear you are doing so well! i need you to call though!!! it is important... okay maybe i little, but i am planning a roadtrip to Idaho again, hopefully this time i will get to see you!
Here's the recipe for that cheesecake:
http://amyscott.squarespace.com/journal/2009/1/1/chocolate-explosion-cheesecake.html
You should definitely try it! It IS amazing! :)
I totally know what you mean about the plowing! Paul probably got sick of me b/c whenever it snowed I would start complaining about the roads not being plowed...golly it's lame!
Post a Comment