Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Best is Yet to Come

I dont know how things could get any better; I have a loving and fantastic husband who loves me through my little moods, I have a family who also loves and supports me, I go to a college where many of the students and faculty share my same beliefs...and much more!
I was able to get my first ID card with my married name on it/military ID card. Mark has drill Thursday-Sunday, 8-? this week. I went to class on Friday and drove down to Blackfoot to meet Mark where he was filling out paper work, medical checks, etc. I can now get onto any base/post, PX, BX, commissary, etc :-) I haven't "legally" changed my name however. Earlier this week we went to Idaho Falls to the social security office. (Apparently there is some rule that only one person can be working at a time. When you walk in, you sign-in/take a number and sit down. There are two windows...yet only person will work at a time?) Anyways, so after waiting a little bit, they called my number. I explained I just got married and needed to change my name and get a new social security card. I handed over our marriage certificate, drivers license, birth certificate, current social security card, and who knows what else. The lady then proceeded to tell me that I did not have the correct marriage certificate. I brought the one from the state. She said it didn't have the "right seal" on it?! (The Army took it though!) So, I am going to try again another time.
Well, I should probably start getting ready to make dinner. Mark has been training all day...Oh, also, on a random side note. Mark and I went and saw "An American Carol" last night. We didn't stay for all of it though. I wasn't too happy with it and left. I know that we as a people have differences on President Bush, the upcoming election, war, the troops, etc. But, I do think that regardless of your opinion, George W. Bush deserves respect as President of the United States and the troops fighting to defend our freedom and to keep us safe deserve that same respect. (I think things like this have hit me a little harder because Mark is in the Army and could be deployed in a few years.)

5 comments:

Newlyweds said...

Hey girl! I soooo miss you! Oh and congrats on the one month Anniversary!I can't believe it has been a month already! I love ya and I hope to come for a visit soon!

Pincockbears said...

OK- honeymoon's over- update your blog :) just kidding, hope you guys are doing well. lots of paperwork when you get married, huh? alot of effort for looooove :)

cindy baldwin said...

Glad you liked my recipe! That's the one I grew up on. Isn't it delicious???

By the way your header picture is GORGEOUS! I am so jealous... we had nothing that fancy on our honeymoon! (Though it was beautiful of course.) Why did you pick Jamaica?

The Bobos said...

Hey Rachel. How's newlywedness? Bet you're loving it! TriCare is great in some ways and awful in others. And it also depends on where you're at. Everything's free but you gotta go to army doctor's and army hospitals and those can be a pain. Good luck!

The Romney Family said...

The only thing you need now is...a baby!!! (That is, if you're looking for a way to make things better--I've recently discovered that's the only way to top a happy marriage!) I am so glad you are so happy and having so much fun with your hubby! :)