I just got back from Oklahoma. I absolutely loved it! This is how my trip went: Tuesday, I left Rexburg at 9:30 on the shuttle. After having to pull over a handful of times because the bus was over heating, we switched vans in Brigham City and continued on. I got to Salt Lake about an hour and a half before my flight left. I flew to New Mexico where I stayed for about 30 minutes. Then I flew to Dallas. My flight was delayed about 40 minutes. By 11pm I had finally landed in Oklahoma City! Marks mom, sister and I drove to Lawton/Ft. Sill area (which is about an hour and a half drive). By the time we got to the hotel it was about 12:30/1am ish. I was exhausted.
Wednesday was family day. The soldiers marched in (Mark was in the front-I could see him finally!! Haha.) They did a demonstration of what they have been doing and briefed us on some of the rules. I started hyperventulating because he was so close, yet I couldn't do anything!! I was so excited, I was crying and smiling. When he finally got release we hugged and kissed and it was wonderful!!
Thursday, Mark graduated from basic. (The picture to the left is him in line going up to get his diploma thing.) It was a really neat ceremony. I am defintely grateful to the men and women who defend my freedom. After graduation, they had to move over to the other bunk. After a long wait, he was released for the weekend!! We went out to lunch/dinner with Marks family and Ken and Deb (good family friends.) Mark and I went swimming later that evening.I had a fabulous weekend and am so grateful that I was able to spend time with Mark. It is crazy to think that basic is done and AIT is starting. AIT will be a little easier because he will be able to call in the evenings :-) I am really excited to begin our lives together as a married couple-the next time we see each other, we'll be getting married!!



No comments:
Post a Comment