David finally was able to get tubes on July 25th. It was seriously a miracle that we were able to get in when we did, and for that I am grateful.
We had to leave the house at 5:45am to be at the hospital by 6:15am. We signed in and were called back shortly. Once in the room, we met with a variety of people (lots of nurses, the Doctor, the Anesthesiologist, lots of residents, and I'm sure a few others were in there at one point.) Our first task, was to get David into his little hospital gown.

THe advantage to David not watching TV very often (uh, pretty close to never actually) is that when it is on, it works great as a distractor.
Somewhere between then, we met with some more people. David got a little restless, so we took a stroll down to the playroom.

Shortly after, it was time. I was able to walk him down to the doors of the OR. I handed him off to one of the residents/doctors/Anesthesiologists and through the doors they went. This is when I lost it. Handing my baby off to have surgery was by far the hardest thing I have had to do. I pulled myself together and went back to the room where I waited the longest 10 minutes of my life.
The doctor came in and said everything went well and he should be awake soon. Again, the next longest 10 minutes of my life. They called and said he was awake and to come back to recovery. I went through the double doors, to room 9. David was in the doorway being held by Julie. He was sobbing. I dropped my bag and took him. I lost it again. He snuggled right up. He was pretty groggy. He had these little moments of crying, a painful/sad cry.

Once he woke up a little bit more, and he kept the apple juice down, we were good to go home. He fell asleep (and took a 3 hour nap).

Look at those cute little cheeks! He was pretty groggy the rest of the day, but he is back to his normal happy self! Within 2 days of surgery, I saw amazing improvement in him. He is talking more and louder. He also is so close to walking, its slightly ridiculous. He pulls himself up on anything within reach and cruises along. He had his first fall last night actually. We snuggled and read some books and he was good to go.

He is in need of another haircut, but I need to figure a way to keep water out of his ears. He continues to love bath time, even without his hair getting washed.

He also has his first little bruise. It was from crawling actually. He was going too fast and bumped into a cabinet.

Hopefully he wont get too many more bruises. It's painful on me too. Hope you all are having a fabulous Friday! We are on the very tail-end of things; roughly 4-6 weeks! Wahoo!!!
6 comments:
oh my gosh, what a tough David and MOMMY! We can't wait to see you guys...and can I please kiss those cheeks and play with his hair...hahahaha...i think i give kai hair cuts for fun, and not for necessity unfortunately! Love you~
OMG I couldn't imagine handing my baby off under those circumstances!! I'm glad everything went alright and he's doing great now!! Hopefully you'll never have to do anything like that again!
Oh what a sweet little guy! I am so sorry you had to deal with surgery and stuff. I had to do it 2 times with hinks once when he was about 2 months old and it WAS HORRIBLE BOTH TIMES. HORRIBLE!
Looks like he is growing just fine though!
I'm glad the surgery went well! David is just adorable as can be! Miss you guys!
made me cry to read that. so glad he's doing better. You're such a strong mama and a great example to us all. love ya Rach!
This made me cry. :( That must have been SO hard!!! Hope you're all doing great.
Post a Comment