My mom called in August and asked if she bought the tickets, would we come....YES! M wasn't able to come this trip.
We headed down to Utah to stay the night to avoid having to wake up super early. Little did I know, the night in the hotel was not going to go super smooth. It ended with M & D sleeping on the uncomfortable pull out bed and E & I in another bed.
E checking out the hotel and all the things she can get into.
The kids were awesome on the flight-I really could not have asked for a better flight. E slept for 2 hours and then joined D in watching movies and playing games.
My mom has 3 big german sherpards. E loved them from the beginning and D warmed up to them.
The first full day we were there, we headed over to ride the train and carousel.
After, we met up with Grandma, Ray, my dad and some siblings for lunch.
We all had a nap, some dinner and headed back for one more ride on the train and carousel.
Day 2: Sunday
We went to church with my parents. Later that day, everyone came over for dinner.
My aunt and D made a banana dog...and then enjoyed eating it!
Seriously, E loved the dogs.
Day 3: E loves baby dolls and would usually have at least one in her arms.
We headed over to my Grandmas to see her for a little bit.
After naps, we headed over to my brother and sister-in-laws apartment for pizza. Their apartment is definitely not child proofed, and poor Es head met the lower counter.
Their cat ran under the couch when the kids came running in. Unfortunately, it never came out.
Day 4: My mom took D to the zoo. My dad, E and I grabbed my favorite hole in the wall, but so delicious pizza and subs and brought it out to my grandmas.
After Es nap and D had come back, we played in the pool...and the dogs joined in as well.
Had a quick snack...
...and E had to get in some dog time, before we headed to the splash fountains close to my parents house.
D loved it! He is water baby for sure! E on the other hand, was perfectly content to walk around the fountains, but not in.
We came home, and just hung around.
D helped my mom take the dogs on a walk-he loved this and was so proud!
Day 5: My mom and I took the kids to the park.
While E napped, my mom, D and I headed out to my Grandmas and met up with some more family!
We ended the night off with a Baskin Robbins clown cone!
Day 6...I think. Haha. We went to the Baltimore aquarium!
We had yummy seafood for lunch!
That night, we met up with Grandma, Ray, my brother David, Dad, and Barb and Corey at Chick-fil-a
And that was our visit! The flight back was good, not as good as the one out there, but still do able. No one slept though. M picked us up at the airport and we headed over to the Ogden LDS Temple open house. Of course, both kids fell asleep for about 20 minutes.
It was beautiful inside and peaceful. We grabbed a bite to eat and finished heading home.
1 comment:
Loved our visit! These pictures are great. I never sent the pictures I took of the kids playing the piano. I will send them to you soon! Xoxo and Merry Christmas! Love, Meghan
Post a Comment