I've debated whether or not I was going to post this or not. However, this is our family blog, this was a personal thing and perhaps I can help someone going through the same thing.
Monday, March 17 I woke up and took the dreaded pregnancy test. I waited the 2 minutes and looked and could not believe what I saw. I grabbed Mark out of bed to make sure I was really seeing the positive sign. Over the next 3 days, I took a total of 4 tests. Why so many tests? We've never gotten pregnant on our own, so I thought for sure it was a false positive. It wasn't.
I called my Doctors office to set up my appointment for a few weeks out. And carried on as normal. I wasn't super nauseous, but I had spotty vision, these awful headaches, and was unbelievably tired.
That Wednesday, I went over to the Church to set up for our Relief Society birthday. Still was having the symptoms above. All I thought was if it continued, I'd go in to my doctor sooner. It almost felt like some of the symptoms of preeclempsia (I was border line with David).
Enrichment was great. Good fun and great company. I came home feeling like I had either peed my pants or was about to. I waited for my babysitter to leave and ran to the bathroom. There was blood, lots of it. I started crying. I called Mark at work and told him I thought we were losing the baby. I called my doctor and talked about a few things; he told me to come in in the morning to talk and have blood work done. I texted my neighbor and asked her to come over. She did. We hugged and cried. I went to bed that night so sad, crying myself to sleep.
THe next morning, I went in to my doctor. I was about 6 weeks, and was definitely miscarrying. My heart sank.
I went over to our Enrichment leaders house and told her what was going on. She and her husband were a huge blessing during this time. They brought dinner that night, checked up on me and was just a huge support to both Mark and I.
That afternoon, we went to lunch. Just laying in bed was doing me no good. So off we went, lunch, our little family of four.
I was able to pass the baby on my own and able to avoid a D&C, and for that I am grateful.
One of the hardest parts of all this, was the fact we got pregnant without medicine. However, I am so so grateful for my two sweet kiddos we do have, and know that we will have another little one when the time is right.
(Note: For all you ladies that are currently pregnant, I AM so happy for each of you! We all have trials and struggles, this was ours)

1 comment:
I cried for you as I read this. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had supportive friends around you during that difficult time and I know Heavenly Father sends angels when we need them most. love you, Rachel!
Post a Comment