Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013 and recent happenings

I read peoples blogs pretty much on a daily basis and wonder why they are not blogging way more often...and then I look at my blog and move on :-)

First up, Mark was offered a job with the St Anthony Police. We couldn't be more excited for this new adventure and even more grateful for this opportunity. We went through more unemployment than we would care to think about, but we are grateful for family and friends that have helped us along the way and to really see that the Lord has a greater plan for each of us, though it may not be "our" plan.





Mark was officially sworn in on March 11. He likes the people he is working with and already has some interesting and crazy stories. 

With this, we needed to be closer to work. It is required that you be within 10 minutes of city limits. We saw some great houses and some not great houses. Our realtor called me one day and said she had a house for us to look at, it wasn't on the market yet, but we could check it out. So we did. And thus began negotiations. A tiring process, but so worth it in the end. They accepted our offer and we will close on our first house at the end of the month!


This house is 4 bedrooms, 2 bath (the master bath has a jetted tub-a dream come true!), 2 car garage and a fenced in back yard! We again are so grateful to family and friends who help us keep the faith and encouraged us.

Easter. Easter this year was really run. David is just a fun age for these type of things. We went to an Easter Egg hunt in St Anthony. Definitely much better than Rexburg and a little less crowded. 

Emma spent the morning sleeping her stroller. 


One parent per child was allowed on the field. Mark braved the crowd with Dave




Mark was on call that day and ended up getting a call. So I took the kids on a long walk. When we got back, Dave needed to relax. It is slightly ridiculous how much he looks like Mark, but so cute!


Sunday morning, David was super excited when I told him the Easter Bunny had come. He kept wanting to see and play with the Easter Bunny. I couldn't get the video to load of David coming down the stairs. 

My mom got the kids adorable outfits for Easter. Emma is literally growing like a weed and I may or may not have had to turn her on her tummy to button her dress. 





That mostly catches us up for now. Have a great a week!

1 comment:

Logan and Ashleigh said...

yay for blogging!
1. Way to go Mark!
2. I love your house...LOVE LOVE LOVE!
3. Your kids are adorable.
4. You look HOT!

I could keep going but I will stop there :)

Love you!