This is not going to be a happy update like I had planned. We have been such beautiful weather the last couple days (which is very welcome especially after last weeks snow fall). Anyways, with this beautiful weather, we have been spending a lot of time at the park. Today was no different, beautiful weather, slight breeze, until IT happened. David was playing on the playground equipment. All of a sudden, another mom is carrying my child to me and says he fell off the top step and hit his face. I stand him in front of me and give him a good look over when Mark sees blood on his hand and then I see it gushing from his chin. My heart sinks. I call the Doctor because I can't tell how deep it is due to the large amount of blood. They tell me to bring him right over. We walk in and try to clean it up and he freaks out even more. They numb it and let it sit for a few minutes before he does the stitches. I lay back in the chair and hold him along with Mark and Paola (my favorite nurse). He was thrashing all over, screaming, crying, sweating. It was awful. As soon as they were done, Mark took David out to the car while I got all the instructions and made the (dreadful) follow-up appointment.

Then we took him out for ice cream. Ice cream can heal the world as my dad says. And its true, it helped David feel better. His poor chin/mouth was a little numb so he dripped a little.

He is fast asleep now, I've got some laundry to do (blood to get out of clothes), but I will update happier things soon.
3 comments:
Poor David...he still has the sweetest little face...I agree that Ice cream can make ANYTHING better!!!
oh i hope my nephew is ok!!!
poor david!! stitches are the worst, but he's still so adorable!
Post a Comment