I'm once again behind, only a month though. Christmas 2011 was great! We decided to stay in Idaho for it this year, something we have never done. It was slightly strange not to be apart of the hurry up and pack so we can catch our flight scene, but oh so nice to spend it as a family of 3 this year!
Before Mark went to Iraq, he had gone snowboarding a couple of times with some friends. He liked it. He wanted a snowboard. Big time. But, I told him there was no sense in buying all the gear just to have it sit in storage for a year, and that when he got back, we would do it. Secretly, I was hoping he would forget about the whole idea. However, when you are in 135 degree weather and you are a snow/winter lover, it's hard. Marks mom bought him the board and various family members on my side helped out with all the stuff.
He went snowboarding...that night. He has slowly gotten others to join in the excitement.
My grandma sent money for David. With it we bought a Thomas & Friends tent and chair. He loves them both.
Christmas Eve came and we opened up our new pajamas. I still am not sure if they are from sent or from Mark and I. (What does your family do?) After we put David to bed, we moved all the presents from various places in the house under the tree.
Christmas morning came, and it was magical. We kept Davids tool bench in the bathroom until breakfast was over. He was so excited!
David loves Thomas (or choo-choo as he calls it). There was no shortage of this. We were able to skype with a good portion of the family and hear of some of the fun things happening at their houses.
We only had Sacrament meeting, which included a nice Christmas program. After church, we came home. David napped, and I baked like a crazy person (rolls and a couple of pies). THen we went over to our friends house (Jake & Janell Hargrave-which, small world, he is Marks old roommates brother!) and had dinner while the kids played.
I think that about covers Christmas. There is still more to blog, but I need to go rock David to sleep it looks like. With the new year brought Church at 1:30...right in the middle of nap time :-)
1 comment:
Hahahaha! We were so surprised to see Jake and the girls on your blog! That is too funny! Oh, and Bennett has that same tool set and those Thomas books, and he loves them both. Way to go Santa!
Post a Comment