Again, I am behind on blogging, so lets see if I can do this. The week before Thanksgiving, David got hit with the stomach flu. It was a long 3 days of vomiting, a slightly ridiculous amount of laundry and lots of snuggling. Poor David would go over to the pantry and say "coookie...craacker" with the most pitiful face.
Next up on the agenda, Maryland for Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for this holiday in 7 years, so it was extra special. One of my favorite childhood memories is going to the Turkey Farm with my mom to pick up our Thanksgiving dinner :-) David loved the Turkeys.
Nothing like picking out just the right turkey :-) He also enjoyed the cows.
We metroed to DC to have lunch with my Dad one day. David wasn't happy when we made him sit on the chair or in our laps.
But, he's just so darn cute. grumpy or happy...Although, I prefer the happy David :-)
We had such nice weather while in Maryland. It was in the 60s. We brought our winter clothes, I mean, it was the end of Novemeber. No, this weather is not normal, but I was so glad for a break from our freezing temperatures in Idaho.
It was so nice to be able to go on walks, play at the park...outside in general actually.
Thanksgiving dinner itself was great! It is so wonderful to have Mark home this year for all the holidays, and just to have him home safe. It breaks my heart to hear of soldiers being killed, especially around the holidays.
We were able to meet up with some friends. One day we went to Chick-fil-A. Neither of us had met each others kids (sad!). It was fun to catch up and see the kids play together.
We were at the mall waiting for something, I dont know if we were waiting for something to open or what, so we let Dave run some energy off.
Mark also helped my Dad put the Christmas lights up. Sadly, I didnt get a "finished product" pictures. Oops.
We took David to see Santa right before we left. It wasn't as easy as it was last year.
After, we saw a train that took you around the lower level of the mall. David loves trains...actually, he has an obsession with them, so it was the perfect distraction to make him smile again.
And, I think that catches us up, mostly. Next up, nursery and the beginning of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment