Thursday, February 21, 2008

The engagement story

Mark and I are officially engaged as of December 31, 2007. After meeting my family for dinner at Ruby Tuesday we went and looked at the Christmas Lights at the Mormon DC Temple. As we were walking around admiring the lights, we started walking under the beautifully decorated trees. As he stops, he takes my hands and starts telling me that I am his best friend, that he loves me and wants to marry me. While he is saying all this, I'm thinking to myself "What is he doing?" Next thing I know, he is down on his knee saying "Rachel, will you marry me?" I couldn't say anything but "are you serious?" He gets up, we hug and kiss. Mark then proceeds to ask, "So is that a yes or a no?" (Ooops, I guess I was just caught up in the moment.) I said that was a YES!

I am so excited to marry him, and even more grateful to have him in my life. I could not ask for anything (or anyone) better.

So now begins the fun part of planning the wedding. We are planning an August 30 wedding in the DC Temple!

No comments: